Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Viewer discretion advised

What you are about to see may disturb you. I warn you it is not pretty and your bottom may pucker. You will definitely put your hand on your mouth. Poor Kayleigh had a rough week. As many of you have heard, she got hit in the mouth at softball practice on Wednesday, by accident, with a bat. She was walking behind a girl hitting balls off a tee, she didn't hear Kayleigh, and Kayleigh was just too close and whammo! Right in the kisser.




She lost half of her front left tooth, her bottom teeth went through and through below her lips, and she had two very fat lips. But thankfully the swelling went down pretty much by the next morning and the cut below where her teeth went through is pretty much gone now. A week or so more with Neosporin and it won't even show. We have to wait a few more weeks to see what's going on with her tooth and then the dentist will determine if she needs a root canal and a cap or just do a build up since we couldn't reattach the piece of her tooth. We think she swallowed it because it was MIA. Everything is going to be OK. I am so greatful we live in a country that has such advances in dentistry and she will have her lovely smile back again soon. Like this one. Becky and Kayleigh can be tooth sisters since Becky's front teeth are fake due to an unfortunate face vs. the pavement accident when she was 9.

Now, I don't know what the pictures say about me as a mother if I'm making my beat up child take pictures. I didn't make her smile, and for me that's something. It's all a process.

4 comments:

Becky and Kevin said...

Yeah, unfortunately for me the pavement won that round and I had a blue tooth! Poor baby, I really do feel her pain! But then again, I always knew Kayleigh and I had a connection....and now it's just more so :)

Shawna Fisher said...

I will come and take that poor girl away. Between her broken tooth and Justin's broken arm, they make quite a pair. Love to all.

Jill said...

Don't forget about me!! Half my front right tooth is fake from falling off a scooter and hitting my mouth with the metal bar when I was in 2nd grade! Then when I was in high school I was taking a drink of water from a water bottle and my sister hit it out of my hand and in the process it took a chunk off the same tooth again. So I want to be a tooth sister too!!!

And Kayleigh, you have a sweet story to tell now. Whenever someone bugs you just say, "Don't mess with me, I survived a bat to the mouth, so I can take you out easy!"

Matt said...

Hey,
I may be late on this but I had the misfortune of having a bungee cord break and it broke off the top part of my bottom front left tooth, shattered it! So had the tooth fixed only to have it completely pulled for my new braces yrs later!
Matt

Can you hear me now?